2007/05/23

Montreal, U.S.A.

I don't want to live with my father's debt
You can't forgive what you can't forget
I don't want to live in my father's house no more

I don't want to fight in a holy war
I don't want the salesmen knocking at my door
I don't want to live in America no more

-The Arcade Fire, Neon Bible, ''Windowsill''

I'm going to a town that has already been burned down
I'm going to a place that is already been disgraced
I'm gonna see some folks who have already been let down.
I'm so tired of America

I'm gonna make it up for all of the Sunday Times
I'm gonna make it up for all of the nursery rhymes
They never really seem to want to tell the truth
I'm so tired of you America

-Rufus Wainwright, Release the Stars, ''Going to a town''

Bien que les deux pièces soient excellentes, ça me fait sourire de voir des Québécois, des Canadiens s'exprimer sur leur marché d'accueil d'un telle façon.

Je ne veux plus vivre en Amérique? Je suis fatigué de toi, Amérique?

Si j'étais un auteur-compositeur-interprête et que j'étais dans un tel état d'esprit, devant un tel dilemme, un tel dégoût, je serais tenter de suivre le conseil de Charlebois:

Je reviendrai à Montréal, sur un grand Boeing bleu de mer.

Aucun commentaire: